[/custom_frame_left]Having an adequate Condo Insurance plan, also known as an HO-6 Policy, for your home in California Condo is important to protect your real estate investment. Although insuring your Condominium is as important as a traditional Home Insurance the coverage does have some differences. If you own a Condo you are typically part of a Homeowners Association. Your Association is only responsible to cover what is considered “real property” such as the grounds, common areas and the structure of your unit.
What Condo Insurance Covers
Condominium Insurance provides coverage for damage to improvements, alterations or additions you make in your unit. It also provides coverage for your household contents and personal belongings. Take into consideration how much you have invested in your furniture, clothing, electronics and other personal property, it’s easy to see the importance of condominium insurance. In addition, a Condo Insurance will also cover the following:
- Dwelling Improvements
- Alterations and additions
- Additional living expenses if you experience a covered loss
- Legal liability for someone else’s bodily injury resulting from an accident
- Costs to resolve claims or defend lawsuits brought against you
- Association loss assessment.
- Customized limits based on what you own
- Worldwide coverage for all Personal Property
- Medical costs for people injured at your residence (other than residents of your household), regardless of liability.
Make sure you review your options carefully before making a decision on your coverage. Feel free to request a Condo Insurance Quote or contact us and speak with one of our licensed professionals to help with the right solution for you based on your needs and budget.